STORE Hosts Workshop for GSA in Austin
On Friday afternoon, April 5th, the Gulf Coast Carbon Center and STORE hosted a workshop at the Pickle Research Campus as part of the Annual Meeting of the South Central Section of the Geological Society of America in Austin, Texas.
The workshop, "Carbon Capture and Geologic Storage: Global research centered in Texas," had 19 participants who each earned CEUs awarded by STORE. Participants were also given an introductory slideshow for use in their classrooms (click here to download).
Activities and instructors included:
- Outreach overview “What to do with CO2” Sue Hovorka
- Amine Pilot plant capture facility tour, Eric Chen
- Geologic storage site characterization, Jiemen Lu
- Subsea geologic storage, Tip Meckel
- Environmental monitoring, Changbing Yang